• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Any idea what this connects to

klawrence

I am still awaiting for my EUC to come through, but I went and took pictures, fired the beast up and got the brakes working today. Yet I found this wire dangling and I am unsure what it plugs into.

Attachments

tjcouch

My advice: DO NOT PLUG IT IN.

Check your lights first . . . . . . Mine was just like that, evidently someone bypassed the temperamental switch with the cheap civi replacement . . . . . When I replaced the MC and rebuilt the airpack, I saw it dangling there . . . "Well, this obviously plugs in here." But went arc-y sparky when I plugged it back in.

If the lights work w/ it unplugged, leave well enough alone. :-D

klawrence

Will do , thanks again for the advice. I have restored car and trucks before, yet this will be my first duece that I bring back to "showroom" quality, lol.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you find that the plug was just unplugged (and no electrical issues), and if it plugs into the old style hydraulicly operated (and very leak prone) brake light switch, change the switch out for the new style air operated one. Saturn Surplus sells them for less than $40. It's a great saftey upgrade.

tjcouch

this will be my first duece that I bring back to "showroom" quality, lol.
Be sure to take lots of pics of the progress, and of course, post them here!

The 24v system really opens your eyes when you have the arc-y sparky event like I described. Unique animals, they are.

dlawbrey

I agree, short the 2 pins together and if brake lights come on that is it. I know of nothing else in that area electrical in nature.