• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Any info appreciated

warlord381

Ok, so I'm getting a M35A2C from GL. The data plate on the dash reads NK052N 0540-11722 and the contract number is DAAE06-70-C-0001. It is an AM General. According to the local GL personnel it came from Ohio Army Guard. Am I correct to assume it's a 1970? The data plate on the engine indicates a LDT 465 1D? With a contract number of DAAE07-86-C-JO48. So would this be a 1986 LDT-465 1D? I am new to deuces so any info would be appreciated... Yes I am a newbie...

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Contract dates are not always the same as mfr dates. Sometimes the contracts are for many years. In this case I'd bet lunch that your truck is a 1972. I own 0540-12800 and its a 72 for sure. Same deal with the powerplant, contacts are for several years so your engine is an 86 or newer provided the tag has not been changed.

warlord381

Thank you Recovry4x4, I wasnt sure. So 1972 is safe bet? If so I'll go with that for the plates. In Michigan we can plate for the model year, all I have to do is come up with the plates. Not a problem with Ebay. I'm still trying to get my head around all this. Another MV collector is born.....

Canislupus

Thank you Recovry4x4, I wasnt sure. So 1972 is safe bet? If so I'll go with that for the plates. In Michigan we can plate for the model year, all I have to do is come up with the plates. Not a problem with Ebay. I'm still trying to get my head around all this. Another MV collector is born.....

Good Luck 2U... Hope you got a good one.
I lived in Michigan once... Well actually twice, two of the years were across the Bridge / Tunnel, Eh.

BugEyeBear

Be sure to check your options for using antique vehicle plates in Michigan. I think it needs to be at least 25 years old to qualify. The plates (& fees) are paid just once for something like 10 YEARS! (MI is a VERY friendly state for antique vehicles!!)

SOS - Historical Plates

SOS - Historical license plate

http://www.michigan.gov/documents/hplate_16252_7.pdf

ALSO check with your insurance company regarding model year and related rate discounts.
IF you go with a Collector Vehicle insurance company like Hagerty your vehicle has to be 1974 or older.

Military

BUT Hagerty states that the vehicle be garaged, and used primarily for club events (i.e. not driven to/from work). If you aren't comfortable with these restrictions you might want to shop elsewhere for insurance. (Search the forum for PLENTY of postings regarding insurance options...)

Typically the Michigan SOS office will title it as WHATEVER YEAR you tell them it is!

It PAYS to do your homework up front on these sort of things!!

ENJOY your new toy!

-Bear-

Last edited: