• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Any info on deuce surplus dealer TNJ Murray in Dover DE?

tango0508

If you ever stop in let me know if they have anything nice for $4000. Cant seem to get a price on their trucks posted on their web site. They want me to drive down from Jersey to get prices.

M1031CMT

Eastern Surplus does have a lot.....but expect to pay top dollar. They are really nice guys, but I choke every time I see the prices.

One very big piece of advise would be to take your time finding the right truck. I know a lot of people get really exceited trying to get their first truck, but that is when you can either pay too much or find out later that the "deal" you got isn't as good as what you thought.

TMNT

I'm having a problem with them right now. I ordered an air compressor pulley from them and promptly received an email confirming that I had placed an order, but nothing in the email identified the part that I ordered, whether or not it was actually available, or when it would ship.

Today, several days after the order, I called to find out the status of my order. I spoke to a very nice young lady who knew absolutely nothing about my order. When she finally found some record of it, she said that it had "probably" shipped since she didn't see it lying around anywhere. She had no specific knowledge of it actually shipping or when it shipped and no tracking information.

Their price was exactly double that of Saturn Surplus for the same part, but Saturn was able to tell me right away that they were out of stock. At this point, I don't know if the pulley might show up tomorrow or not at all.

I like their website and their mobile app. They seem to present themselves well and offer a good variety of parts. Their follow through seems pretty weak though.

In the meantime my deuce is sitting in the driveway for about 3 weeks now, and that pulley is the critical piece I need to get her back on the road.

- signed Very Frustrated

steelandcanvas

I spoke to a very nice young lady who knew absolutely nothing about my order. When she finally found some record of it, she said that it had "probably" shipped since she didn't see it lying around anywhere. She had no specific knowledge of it actually shipping or when it shipped and no tracking information.
- signed Very Frustrated
Very typical, ask me how I know. :-x

M1031CMT

We had a problem with them recently as well. Ordered some parts for our 5ton. 3.5 weeks go by and nothing arrives. Gave it lots of time just in case. Sent 2 emails, no answer. Called 4 times and no one ever picked up (called during regular business hours) and ended up leaving messages, but none were returned.

We decided to call up Boyce equipment after being recommended by someone else and ordered the part through them. Very nice guys over the phone and knew exactly what we needed. Got it 5 days later. Truck had been sitting at the mechanic for a while waiting just for that part (couldn't move without it).

Finally we called TNJ again and a nice lady picked up the phone (probably the same person TMNT talked to). She said she had our order. It was sitting on a table for several weeks waiting for it to be shipped. We asked why, after a month that it had not been shipped. She said she did not know but asked if we still wanted it. We responded yes, since we had already paid for it and so that we would have spares in the future. She said it would be shipped that day.

Got it in the mail today after 6 weeks of waiting. It was well packed and everything was just what we needed, but the lack of communication and very long wait did not sit well with us.

Not sure we will be ordering any parts through them in the future.

steelandcanvas

My guess is the Murray Boys have a lot bigger fish to fry. They sell all over the world to large construction companies, small armys and such. Selling a few parts to the little Guy is small change for them, therefore no great effort for good customer service is extended. That's my take. There are other dealers with a lot better customer service, George at White Owl, Jay at Saturn Surplus, Erik at Erik's Surplus, and so on. Good luck to you.

midcounty

OP, if your budget is 4k, Murray is definitely not your place. At Aberdeen he had a M923, not an A1 or A2 either, that he wanted over 19k for. When I called a while back to see if he had a wrecker, the answer was yes for 30k. He sells at very high prices, and doesn't really care about the little guys. His main business is exporting.

Seth_O

I have used TNJ in the past, but only for odd items I can't find elsewhere and then I expect to pay top dollar for them. To be fair, the parts are always in the advertised condition. I do expect to have to do my own follow-up with them when I purchase and am just prepared for that.

I have also bought from Kublos; Ken Jr is a GREAT guy, and I actively look for reasons to give him additional business. Good parts, great prices. If you're anyhere near him you'd be foolish not to at least check his stuff out. Just my $.02.....

I'm on the West Coast. There's pretty much nothing out here :-(.

lawdog1623

ive bought a few small parts from them. No real problems to speak of. If you're buying a truck i would certainly monitor craigslist or the classifieds here closely.

Gralmk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have used TNJ in the past, but only for odd items I can't find elsewhere and then I expect to pay top dollar for them. To be fair, the parts are always in the advertised condition. I do expect to have to do my own follow-up with them when I purchase and am just prepared for that.
Old thread, but they did it again! One of our members caledl in an order and was told the alternator was tested! Well if you look at the shaft I guess they think tested means as a paper weight! After several calls back he was told used items are sold as is! Close to $400 for a paper weight!
So I wrote to Dave and said this must be a mistake! Gave him the club members number and all! Well nothing! Guess they really don't care about the little guys in this hobby!

So he is now buying from another source! Beware of TNJ Murray!20170622_135708.jpg

texas30cal

I got a used hard top from them months ago, the guy emailed me pics and was up front about the condition. They were happy to take my money immediately and I was told it would ship in a day or two, 3 weeks later it finally showed up, with about a 6" bow in the back section of the top due to how it was shipped. I'll do without before dealing with them again.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks