• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

any maryland humvee owners here?

dimi1970

Hi! I’m also new, located in Laytonsville MD, trying to have mine register, the 6 digits VIN doesn’t help (and I’m trying to avoid “historic plates”)

Lionel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You will not get an inspection performed anywhere in Maryland per MSP memo. Depending on year your only option may be historic registration.

NormB

I got mine about 4-1/2 years ago. Registered historic - I barely put 50 hours a year on it driving. At the time I had the option for full registration, the law hadn’t taken effect yet.

I went through MD Tag and Title in Laurel, had plates in 3 days.

if you callGlen Burnie MVA, keep in mind as with all government bureaucracies there is a practical joke dept and a fairy godmother depar.

I spoke to both, the former sad no, the latter said yes.

a month later a friend went through the same thing but he actually went there.

keep us posted.

norm

NormB

Yes, but it had a clear Montana title when I bought it. I’d been lurking around this board and others for about 6 mos before buying so I had a good idea what could happen and the seller - RIP - was well-known.

dimi1970

I bought it through GovPlanet with a Utah tittle, then I took it to MVA in Gaithersburg MD, and got a MD Tittle (showing only 6 digits next to VIN). They gave me a "Temp" registration (stickers) in order to drive it to a "Maryland State Inspection" facility. When I finally got a place with the capacity to inspect my HMMWV, they did, all good, but they said: "there's nothing we can do with the 6-digits VIN, you need to go to Glenn Burnie and request a 17-digits VIN"

My HMMWV is a 2000 M1097A2 6.5L, I know I can get Historic plates, however, I am trying to get "regular plates"... To be continued...