• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Any Maryland members around?

Hello from way up north in Elkton. Though my deuce isn't registered in MD, I also use state farm, commercial for personal use policy, no restrictions, 502 every 6 months (not bad being only 20 with no real discounts)

midcounty

Have heard people mention progressive and others. I know progressive said yes at first, but when I explained it was an ex military vehicle they refused to insure. They said they have a strict policy not to insure any vehicle designed for military use. I am sure there are people who have not told all the details to the insurance company, but beware that can come back to haunt you if you ever need your insurance. Pay a little extra now or risk being left uncovered in an accident.

midcounty

Welcome. Collector ins. is great if you can park it indoors. Gulfway if outdoors, haven't called them yet though.
Gulfway will cover a Deuce, but not if you are hauling anything with it or pulling anything with it. The example given to me was, if you stop at Lowes and throw a few 2x4's in the back you are subject to not be covered at all.

DieselBob

Have heard people mention progressive and others. I know progressive said yes at first, but when I explained it was an ex military vehicle they refused to insure. They said they have a strict policy not to insure any vehicle designed for military use. I am sure there are people who have not told all the details to the insurance company, but beware that can come back to haunt you if you ever need your insurance. Pay a little extra now or risk being left uncovered in an accident.
Very true. Not only did I explain exactly what it was I took pictures of all 4 sides and the manufacture data plate so there was no way anyone could say they didn't know what I was insuring.

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
I am in Pa,Right on the Mason-Dixon line.I tag my trucks historic,And use J.C.Taylor insurance company.$69 a year ,full coverage.

big1096

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm in Maryland too. I also have Historic tags and State Farm. $114 a year/full coverage, occasional use and no commercial hauling.

Whitey

J.C.Taylor does have a garage clause. They've call my pops before and asked if the vehicle was actually garaged (it is). They didn't need pics of the deuce in the garage though.

midcounty

Just got a price from state farm to insure a M818 tractor and trailer. 900 approx a year, but that covers me to use it to haul for my business.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I use Gulfway...about $650 for six trucks...ranging from an M151A2 and an M1028A2 to an M925A2 and an M916A1/M916.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks