• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Any Maryland members around?

R Racing

If you don't mind me asking Bruce are they all historic tagged ? and what does the insurance cover ? I have 3 trucks I just got my SF97 forms in on today ( M920,M813, M35a2 ) and weighing in on what best for me.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, they are all tagged historic except the M916A1 since it is too new (1994). It has commercial tags on it. Gulfway offers a commercial vehicle insurance policy.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I should have added this to my last post...

Gulfway does not have any mileage restrictions. Also, they do not require that the vehicles be kept in a locked garage, as many other policies that cater to collectors do. They do have a restriction against using the truck as a true commercial vehicle (even though they insure commercial vehicles...I think the insurance they have on "commercial vehicles" has more to do with what the vehicle is than how it would be used). They intend that the truck will be used as a collector vehicle. I don't have the policy in front of me to quote exactly how it reads. I told them I wanted to be able to drive my truck from time to time...and to shows...and they covered me. Check with them...ask for Carol. PM me if you need contact info.

R Racing

Thanks for the info Bruce, I have a call into my insurance company now but I'm banking there going to be way high .So I'll find a Gulfway agent and give them a call.

powerhouseduece

I'm also looking for insurance in Maryland, not for a M35 though. Just a M1008.

BTW I'm from Annapolis.
I'll have to look for his card, but my Nationwide agent is in annapolis, his name is Tom George. Awesome guy too, he got me a awesome deal on ins. I have a card out in my car, and will pm it to you if interested.

bones1

Got this off the Gulfway site

Gulfway Insurers started its Collector Truck program in 2001 after speaking with the management at American Truck Historical Society and being told an innovative insurance program was needed for the truck collector. The highlights of this program include no mileage limitation, no radius limitation, we can include trailers, there is no size or weight limitation, inside storage is not required.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks