• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Any new problems after turbo install?

jgb680

I have been thinking about putting a turbo on my 1984 M1008. I was wondering if this has caused any new problems to arise for anyone, after they installed a turbo on a 20 something year old motor? I know my motor has been rebuilt at some point, just not sure the exact date. There is a rebuild tag on it though, and it runs great with minimal oil leakage.

Lawrence of Arabia

I put one on my M1028 with 70,000 miles. I rebuilt a spare motor to put in, as I figured the turbo would blow the original motor. It has been no problem and I hesitate to drop the fresh motor in as of yet.

Trailhead 4x4

I just bought a 1028 that already had a banks turbo installed, it runs great, I love driving it. The only failure I might attribute to the turbo so far is GEN 2, I think it was getting cooked by the turbo heat. I built a heat shield for it, and so far no more charge light flickering, but it has only been installed for a day.