• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Any Oklahoma Deuce owners wanna give a newbie a tour of their rig?

dallasfromdallas

Hello all,

I'm new here but have been lurking for a while. I've been putting off buying a deuce for a while as I've been too afraid of not knowing enough about them. But, I figure jumping in is the only way to learn. I would like to check one out up close first though, see if I can fit behind the wheel, etc. Is there anyone in OKC that would be willing to let me come take a look a their rig? I'm in Ardmore, but have a pretty open schedule. Thanks for reading.

-Dallas

mikew

Sure!

I'm in Edmond and my shop is in OKC. I've got a bobbed deuce and just purchased another deuce last week that I'll have in a couple of weeks.

Mike Waldron
405-820-1862

Happyland1410

Dallas,

Hi from a fellow Oklahoman. I'm in Ada so not too far away. I am also new to this site and really wanting a deuce of my own. I'm a volunteer firefighter and we have a 67 M35A2 tanker that I have been driving for years. We just recently got an M35A3 from the forestry service which will replace the A2. The A3 is really cool. Did you watch the last Ft. Sill auction? They looked liked nice trucks but because of where they were on the base they wouldn't allow previews. This bidding went too high for me to take a chance without a preview :cry:

I would be happy to arrange for you to get an up close look at our A2 and A3 but unfortunately department rules wouldn't allow you to actually drive one. I'm sure there are some other Oklahoma SS members who will let you get behind the wheel for a test drive. If you do want to at least see one in person just let me know. *Warning* you will just want one even more! :drool:

Dan

dallasfromdallas

Thanks a bunch, Dan!!! There sure are some friendly members on this site. :-D I should have come out of lurking earlier. :oops: I've looked at the auctions before, but not in a while. I'm too afraid to take a risk, especially with vehicles I know so little about, particularly when it comes to solo recovery. But, I am certainly open to driving up to Ada to do some looking at your FD vehicles. Thanks again for the invite.

-Dallas

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm in OKC and you can come up anytime. I'll even let you drive my M715.

I working on a couple of M35s now and will be recovering one soon. You are welcome to ask any questions you have. And by the way you will NOT have to do a Solo recovery unless you just want to....there are many people here that will gladly lend a helping hand. I myself have helped recover many.

Warthog

Last edited:

dallasfromdallas

Thanks a bunch, Warthog!!! Looks like I'll have to schedule a trip to the city soon. I'd really like to tag along on a recovery sometime. I can't say I'd be much more than an extra set of hands and/or gofer, but it seems like it'd be a great learning experience. Thanks again for the offer. I will take you up on it.

-Dallas

KsM715

The guys from OK are a good bunch. They helped me recover my M818 from Norman. Send a message to StreetBikeDepot I know he's going to recover a deuce from Tx soon. Just dont ask him about selling it, its already mine (I hope) unless he finds it just too nice of a truck to trade off.

dallasfromdallas

Thanks a bunch for all the invites, guys. I'm headed down to Houston for a week starting tomorrow, but will be back middle of next week. I'll probably hit a couple of you up for a "tour." Thanks again.