• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

any one buy anything from ft. meade?

HeadWizard

Ft. Meade is attached to NSA (National Security Agency) and depending on the day and the mood, security is pretty tight. If you're driving in with a Deuce, you have to go in the truck gate and will be removed from your vehicle and the dogs will check it for bombs or whatever. It clearly is listed that cameras are not allowed on base (don't put it where they'll see it). Last time I went in it took 55 minutes in the security line.

Once up on the GL lot, I've taken plenty of pics and only once did I have a problem - when the big wigs from GL headquarters just happened to be on site with some DRMO personnel. Almost had the camera confiscated.

Sarah who runs the site for GL is WONDERFUL. Respect her, make nice with her and she'll let you inspect to your hearts content.

M725

Make sure you get a title from GL Cause they do not have re-assignment rights in Md. If you need a letter I have one from the Assistant Branch Manager Glen Burnie Branch stating so!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks