• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Any one here ever drill drain holes into the rear seat recesses?

linx310

Any one here ever drill drain holes into the rear seat recesses the back seat latches into?

All they seem to do is collect water.

linx310

If you drill holes to let water out , it will also let water in.
I think this would be minimal based on the location of the two "pockets" the seat latches fit into.

Any water that comes in would just drain out since these recesses are about 2-3 inches deep.

linx310

Maybe it's just me, but I would probably find where the water is coming in....and FIX IT !!
Its coming from the tail gate access panel. I have new seals on the way but i dont want to have to vacuum out the water in these locations every time i power wash the inside of the truck out.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think this would be minimal based on the location of the two "pockets" the seat latches fit into.

Any water that comes in would just drain out since these recesses are about 2-3 inches deep.
That might be alright in texas , but with the large amount of salt they use here in michigan your 1/4 drain hole will be come a 3 inch rust hole in no time .

JUNKYARDJOHN

I took my rear seat out permanently. The holes around the brackets were packed with sand & dirt. I painted them with P.O.R. & welded 1/8 plates over them & put a 1" thick rubber mat down back there. I didn't figure I'd use it much. Now I won't for sure.:razz: jOHN

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks