• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Any one use sea foam engine treatment

Steamynachos

I was in NAPA yesterday and came across this stuff called sea foam engine treatment. Has anyone here ever used it? when do you use something like this product is there any better products out there. I didn't want to pay the money for a can to find out some one blew their truck up with this stuff or gummed up their injectors.

dc3coyote

I use it in everything I own, I love it!!!. It does make your engine smoke like a chimney for a little bit, but thats supposed to happen. I dump it in my fuel tank for the Diesels, and pour it diredtley into my carbs on my gas engines

Gamagoat1

I,too, use it in every internal cumbustion engine I own. It really cleans em out, and if you have one apart soak your injectors in the stuff, they will be clean like new.

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sea Foam is a good fuel drier and/or stabilizer. Cleans injectors well, so they say. It has always been a quality product that comes highly recommended and has a good reputation for quality engineering. It's just too expensive to keep using. At least for me.

I'm more of a "Lucas" fan.

HeadWizard

Sea Foam works great for every use that they list on the can. I've used it to clean out carbon in both small engines and cars/trucks. You can put some in before an oil change to clean out the crud in a crank case. The aerosol version, Deep Creep, works as well as or better than almost any nut/bolt buster than you can find. It does an amazing job on injectors.

Highly recommended.

70deuce

I use it also in all my motors. It is available in some Walmarts for $5.99. NAPA here sells it for $7.99. When I find a Walmart that has it I buy a few. The stuff really does work.

BillIdaho

I have been told it is the best thing to put into a diesel that is probably going to sit a spell. Long term fuel preservative, much like Stabil, only for diesel. Keeps the cheesy cud from growing.

NOW,for a semi-related dumb question. Is there anything I can SAFELY use to un-gunk the carbs on a gasoline engine? By that I mean I have an engine ( a motorcycle) with multiple carbs, and it has sat for about three years. I know the carbs are gunked up, it won't run without the chokes on. ( I know, why--or how-- could I have left it sit for that long...I had a stroke and had some balance issues) Anyway, it is a major job to remove and service the carbs, so I was wondering if there was something I could pour in the tank and eat away the shellac and cheese, by means of running the motor. At the same time, I don't want to ruin the engine by pouring something so powerful to clean, yet not so powerful to destroy the internals.
I want my cake and eat it too. Carb cleaners, injector cleaners, battery acid.....anything? Or am I going to have to pay a gazillion bucks to remove and rebuild the four carbs?

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bill,Idaho,

I did the same thing to my Suzuki a few years back. 750 Katana and had to have the carbs removed and rebuilt.....

:-(

It sounds like the guys here use Sea Foam for gas carbs as well as diesel engines. Try it first.

I hope you are better from your stroke. If you are close to well enough to ride a bike you faired a lot better than most.