• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Any other anti-theft ideas Guys?

joesco

All,
I have done several searches for anti-theft ideas for the M35 and found the battery cut-off switch seems to be the most popular. Along with the chain and an old fashion Krock Lock, do you folks have any ideas. I might have to store the truck off my property when I am not using it because of deed restrictions.

Any ideas are appreciated!

FreightTrain

Banned
There have been several.There is a lock bar on some truck right out of GL that lets you pad lock the power switch off,The classic Chain on the wheel,A lock for the Parking brake,Locks to lock the transfer in the Neutral possition,Hidden power switch,Take the dogbone,Door lock retrofits(I don't like this as they do NOT look military but more REDNECK than anything.).Both my trucks have different chain setups.One is bolted to the steering shaft and the other is welded to the spring seat plate.I like the spring seat plate since the shaft one can spin on the shaft.You can't make it theft proof but you can make it more work than someone wants to do to just steal an old army truck.

Big Mike's Motor Pool

Supporting Vendor
make a bracket tha holds the transfer case in neutral with a lock. or take the shifter for the transmission off. its one bolt and you can do it right in the cab. take some small diameter steel rod and bend up some hooks under the truck behind the frame and hang the shifter from it when its off the trans. this way you wont drive over to get your truck and forget to bring your shifter. they cant steal it if it wont drive :D

m35a2kevin

what i do,, i unplug the wires from the back of the ignition switch, i mean think about it, nine chances out of ten,
whoever tries to steal your truck, probably wont know a darn thing about trying to start one, and sure wont have enough brains to check the back of the switch,just my opinion :D
kevin.g

Hm2klie

Claymore mines attached to trip wires. Just kidding! I like battery disconnect method. You can buy a quality unit from Summit Racing Equipment and mount it inside the battery box and then put a lock on the battery box. :driver:

beaubeau

I had a fiend who had a VW beetle stolen several times in Boston. One day he cut the steering wheel in pieces, like the wheel in a small plane. He goes to Boston, leaves the key in the ignition, and takes the steering wheel off,and carries it to his office. He never lost another VW!! I think a Cut Off switch would be good. Good luck, Phil

ah1955

I like the idea of an keyed battery disconect switch that way keeps someone from playing around even if they aren't tring to steal the truck they won't be leaving lights or and thing on also with the batterys disconnected no worries about a short or drain on the batterys.
Someone had a post some time back of a lock strap over the fuel cap to a fuel tank strap bolt at four dollars plus that is something to think about also keeps things that you would not in out.
The chain through the steering wheel just looks cool.
Like someone said early you can't make it unstealable? but you can make them work for it.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
dead bolt keeps the door from being jiggled open "accidentally" by a curious person. been about a year and still working great. That and a hardtop, and they'd have to start breaking glass. You may wish to also fix an internal mechanism to the rear window so no one can slide it open and use a coat hangar to open the "non-deadbolted" door.

chevycrew

If storing long term.

Run desplined flanges in the front, pull the rear axle shafts (one from each axle) and install drive flanges in their place.

Would be about a 5 minute swap with a cordless impact.

beaubeau

Come on guys, who the heck do U think would want to Steal an old piece of Green Crap that once belonged to the Govt.,with Lo Radiation to boot!??? How many people can actually stear a Deuce??

Rattlehead

Hook an ignitor from a manifold flame heater to the driver seat, and wire it in to activate with the main switch, unless a hidden bypass switch is activated. You will only forget to deactivate it once or twice yourself.

vtdeucedriver

How about a anti-theft device for a Jeep Wrangler with a soft top...................................ours got broken into sat and the only thing they stole was the XM radio reciever! Stupid Dirt Bag.