• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Any Pics/Info of a 5.9 Cummins install?

Jones

FMJ put up some pictures of a Cummins in a Deuce. Might look up his post.

All the Cummins 5.9s out of UPS and FedEx trucks, armored cars and school buses have the SAE set-up which will get you started in the right direction (although most are attached to Allison automatics).
Get one of those 5.9s and you'll also find some great accessories like a bolt-on gear-driven Bendix air compressor (mounted under the IP) along with inter-coolers and other nifty stuff.

Attachments

Last edited:

Flat Black

Original thread, page one i think, mentioned putting a 6.2L into a deuce. I found this post last night looking to see how many people had put a 5.9 into a deuce and how they did it, which motor they used, etc.

The Duramax would be cool and might fit better than the inline motor, sounds like you have the tuning and such figured out too, just too many electrics for me, especially in a 50 year old truck. I would stick with a VE pump 12 valve or P7100 12 valve motor for my swap.

The common rail motors are bad ass and it would be sweet to reach over to the dash and turn the power up or down on command, etc. which you cant do with the all mechanical motors.

ColtRice17

So what year of ups style trucks should I be looking for with the 5.9L and Allison transmission? also have any of you finished or made any progress with a swap yet? I am in the process of sourcing parts to sway a 5.9L into my M923 Cummins 855. any links and or pictures would be very much appreciated.

74M35A2

WC467, though your original post on this is now 6 years old, are you really considering to do this now since your LDT/S hybrid motor is now a steam engine (pushing blow by out the draft tube and oil fill cap)?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks