• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Any Pics of Horn Button Spring?

renovate7

Finally figured out why the horn doesn't work. 1) Toggle must be in up position 2) Must have good relay 3) Spring is missing behind horn button...I used a jumper wire between the hot terminal and terminal 2 where relay plugs in, horn works. Jumped between hot terminal and terminal 3 and got power up to contact behind horn button mechanism. I've realized, and 34P has confirmed, there should be a spring the goes between the contact and metal plate behind horn button. Does anyone have a picture of this, or dimensions? Is there something that keeps it centered on the contact so it doesn't touch the contact and metal around it? If you've had one of these apart you'll know what I'm talking about.

renovate7

I actually got the horn to work. Some one had taken out the plunger and put it in backwards with the shaft going down into the spring. Turned it around and it works.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks