• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Any real Bobbed 5tons.

madsam

On the toll road around Denver, you pay per Axle. The 2 axles is 2/3 the cost of 3 axle on that road. (there are other free ways to go. ) But if you can't register as a collectors truck, in Colorado, the registration goes on weight. And that is a lot less weight.

rbeasley66

I would think GCWR and use would dictate the type of license required. There are many many single axle tractor trailers, box trucks, and flat beds running around that are all commercial vehicles or least require a Class A non CDL if not used in commerce.

It seems these trucks would still be subject to any laws governing their use regardless of how many axles it has.

A pickup used in commerce requires a CDL. I would think you would have a hard time convincing Joe Cop or Tom DOT you were simply driving a pickup.
I drive a commercial truck with a 26000 lb GVWR in Florida and Georgia and I'm not required to have a CDL, just my regular Florida drivers license.
But, in our county, code enforcement says any 3 axle vehicle is commercial and cannot be parked at your home. So you either get a bobber or hide the Deuce or 5 ton and try to keep the neighbors happy.

Halibrandet

I have a 923A2 that is bobbed and love it. If I only new how to post pictures I would. Sorry send me a pm and I will email them to you if you would like to see mine. There are pictures of it posted under the 5 ton hot rodding section work was done by appel :beer:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks