• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Any restrictions on selling a m1009 to a guy up north in Canada?

welpro222

Someone on Craigslist here in WA was trying to sell his m1009 to someone in Canada, and I guess he could not bring it to Canada. I'm not 100% sure, its best to call the Canadian Boarder and ask them.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The M series trucks are listed on the US restricted items list. With the proper paperwork you can sell a truck to someone outside the country. Do people sell them without the paperwork? Yes but I wouldn't do it.

C15TA

If there is no End User Certificate with the vehicle then importation is easy. My M1010 didn't have an EUC because it had been released to a police department first. US Customs requires an original vehicle ownership (registration) seventy two hours before the vehicle comes to the border. That enables customs to search for liens, stolen vehicles or EUC. Canada Customs are only concerned with how much HST they can collect. On my 1010 I still had to pay the $100.00 air conditioning tax even though it didn't work and it is for the rear.
Barry

Assel

should be possible, somehow my CUCV must have made it to Netherlands and then to Germany ...and I never had any paperwork issues... just like it was a normal delivery Truck for low taxes :D

cucvrus

I drove my M1009 across the border several times. Never thought about it. What if I did not bring it back with me? Would they hunt me down? Just suppose I had the title and went up there and sold it pre planed and rode back with someone else. What would happen? I don't plan on doing that but it could be done. What if it broke down or I just traded it in at a dealership? They would trade it and take the title. We have traded in Canadian vehicles at dealerships here. If it was painted red for example it would just be another 1984 K30 or Blazer truck to an unknowing dealer. What do you think Barry? I don't see it as a problem. And I would say it is legal. Pay the taxes and everyone is happy. Please share your thoughts. Nothing top secret about a CUCV.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You guys are trying to figure out what makes sense. This is the fedgov were talking about. There's no way it's going to make sense. The rules are arbitrary and randomly applied. How else can you explain that a bare transmission requires an EUC, but the complete truck including the transmission does not?

Or the fact that I had to get an EUC for a plain old steel tank that I'm making into a BBQ smoker?

I have no idea what the answer is to the OPs question, but you guys are trying to extrapolate the answer from what would make sense. This will not yield accurate results :)

eme411

Steel Soldiers Supporter
As has been said here , NO EUC, NO PROBLEM, I have a M-1031 out of PA and a M-1009 out of AZ, one of my friends just brought up a M-998 , NO PROBLEM, just make sure the vehicle has a clear title ,and no EUC, and use a Customs broker,

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks