• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Any RT-68 gurus here?

Ok I have recently purchased an MT-299 mount for my RT-68/PP-112. The guy I bought my MT-299 mount from said it worked. I got it mounted in the jeep, started checking grounds from the mount to the jeep. It checks out good and the ground also checks out good on the antenna mount. The antenna wire also checks out good on continuity. So I start testing my equipment as far as to see if it powers up. I have two 68's and two 112's. My first power supply, no good. Vibrators are not running and it has a bad relay. I try the second. Vibrators are working and there is now clicking in the RT. So now I move on to sound. I take my loud speakers, and hand sets(I have two of each) to a friend that has a GRC-106. Hook them up and the two speakers work and one handset works. I Hook them in to my 68 and I have very, very little sound. So I thought that the high side of my power supply was out. Got access to another power supply, all the vibrators are humming, lights come on the radio, and I still have very little sound. Any ideas on why it has little to no sound?

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The meter on the panel of the RT68. Try to find the TM for this radio, you will need it to do an effective troubleshooting.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry, I'm still new to to radios. I do know what you're talking about. When you switch the setting on the meter the needle it up on some and others its not unless you key the mic and then it comes up. Is that normal?
Yes that is correct. Try cleaning the contacts in the audio connectors.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks