• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Any thoughts for a leak?

tbar123

I just crawled under the truck and snapped a few pictures. I am new at this so I thought I would ask the experts on their advice as to were they think the leak may be coming from. If these pictures aren't good or you need a different angle or whatever please let me know and I will get them. But this is what I have so far.

Attachments

machinist75

I found a leak on my first deuce bye cleaning the entire area with brake cleaner real good. Then letting it dry and dusting the area with baby powder. Ended up being the hose from the fuel filters to the IP.

tbar123

Good idea, I was thinking about power washing the whole area and letting it simmer. I am hoping that would show, but the powder thing really is a good idea.

tbar123

No it's a leak, it's all over the front pig, and down the entire underneath. If it was a seep i wouldn't worry about it ,but there is a lot of oil coming out.

Artisan

Clean that puppy up, maybe presquirt it w/ some ZEP engine cleaner
and put on coveralls and get to the gettin' at a car wash. Pull out into
the sun, look for where you missed and hit it again. Get it CLEAN and
then look BEFORE you drive it for the obvious. Gravity pulls down so
let it idel and look, drive around the block and look again. You will
eventually find the area of issue.

Remember to look UP to the higest place oil seems to be coming from too.

Air and the fan can spread the oil.

let us know

Rifleman

Just an idea, but have you put a wrench on those oil hose fittings to see if they are lose? Your leak Could be as simple as the fittings are a little lose.

ATPTac

Just an idea, but have you put a wrench on those oil hose fittings to see if they are lose? Your leak Could be as simple as the fittings are a little lose.
I had 2 pretty serious fuel leaks on our '76 Deuce when we got it (it was a steady drip), and all it needed was to have the lines tightened up going into the secondary filters and coming out of the primary filter.

tbar123

Found one, but another popped up! Leak

I found were the oil was leaking from, and it's from the oil filter casing, So would anyone know where to get oil filter seals at. The center oil filter bolt was just a smidget loose, so I tightened it up and it still drips a small bit. Now to the new leak this is an air leak from the passenger window wiper motor. As pointed out in the following picture , I don't believe this can be fixed ,So I will need a place to purchase one of these also. Thanks for looking and thanks for the advice in advance,and have a good one!

Attachments

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What truck?

Why is this in the conversations?

Did you already have a thread about leaks, if so why did you start a new thread?

tbar123

It's a 1984 m923, and I had a thread about the oil leak, but since my main question is the air leak, I figured it would be best to post a new one!!!!

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's a 1984 m923, and I had a thread about the oil leak, but since my main question is the air leak, I figured it would be best to post a new one!!!!
It is actually better to keep 1 thread going on all the problems you have with the truck , so people know what has been done and not done . A lot of problems are related and having all the information in 1 thread helps solve the problems for that truck .

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
One issue with updating your old thread in this one is, it leave the other one unanswered.

Also, the Conversations forum is not an appropriate forum for this.

I'll merge and move them now.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks