• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Any tips on how to assemble a hatch and turret setup these days?

M1165A1

(newbie question, so flame on if you must)

Any tips on how to assemble a hatch and turret setup these days? It looks like the parts are getting very very scarce. I have looked at the TM on what I need and can find nearly none of those parts that I need for sale.

I’m only looking for a simple hatch, ring and cheese grater setup for my inbound M1165A1. i don’t need a GPK or anything fancy, I just want to be able to mount a gun up top for occasional use.

Does anyone have any current tips on where I can start assembling these parts from? I am cognizant this may take a lot of time and also cost some real money. The law of supply and demand can be a b**** sometimes. And yes I knew this would be a challenge before I bought the HMMWV.

Any help is much appreciated - thanks.

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Check with RetiredWar Horses, 86Humv, and post to the classifieds.

This will cost thousands of dollars.

FKAM

Took me two years to gather all the parts and acquired the final bits about three years ago. It was hard even then. My main sources were 86humv and beltfed34 (they advertise both here and G503). I also used ePay and some of the other sellers on the internet selling HMMWV parts. Just have to do a search(s) for HMMWV turret parts (or by specific part number). Got a few of the hard to find smalls mostly from Mac Motors and Hummer Parts Guy. Good luck.

DSC00811post.JPG

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
(newbie question, so flame on if you must)

Any tips on how to assemble a hatch and turret setup these days? It looks like the parts are getting very very scarce. I have looked at the TM on what I need and can find nearly none of those parts that I need for sale.

I’m only looking for a simple hatch, ring and cheese grater setup for my inbound M1165A1. i don’t need a GPK or anything fancy, I just want to be able to mount a gun up top for occasional use.

Does anyone have any current tips on where I can start assembling these parts from? I am cognizant this may take a lot of time and also cost some real money. The law of supply and demand can be a b**** sometimes. And yes I knew this would be a challenge before I bought the HMMWV.

Any help is much appreciated - thanks.
deleted

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks