• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Any Transmission Or Overdrive Swap Recently

Hummer Guy

I know this is a dead and beaten on topic, but has anyone yet recently swapped over to a better overdrive transmission or transfer case that's readily available? If so, please tell us what you had to do and the details to it, how much you had to cut the driveshafts, did you need to move the transfer case back, did you have to move the brake hoses, and what you did for the parking brake etc?

I see tons of details and swaps for the engine, brakes, power steering, and other conversions but I don't see too many details or pictures of other transmission swaps, I know for sure there has to be somebody who has swap the transmission for a better one.

I would like to take on this task at some point so I can have a very low cruise RPM in the 55-60Mph range, while the 395s are alright, I would probably go back to the 9.00R20 size if I had a better overdrive, the truck felt way more peppy, turn sharper, and the brakes where better. I would go for another wheel and tire design over the NDTs if I took that route though.

Hummer Guy

I really wish i had jumped on the Waterloo overdrive gears when they were still available. Been looking for an unused set, or even a trans that has em installed for a while now.
Yea same here, I never see any transmission with them on the market unfortunately, I never even see a truck with them on the market anymore