• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Any way to date a winch?

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
All,

Is there any way to "date" a deuce winch once it has been taken off the truck it was manufactured with? I know Garwood originally manufactured the winches, but I see alot of TMC ones also stamped on the dataplate... Any ideas out there?

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
emmado22 said:
All,

Is there any way to "date" a deuce winch
Probably but where would you take it for the first date? Bottle of gear oil vs. flowers.... Sorry I could not resist :D

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't know the year cutoff date but the early ones used a different assy at the end of the cable where the chain goes and the drum lock release is different. Are there any data plates. The winch on the tractor came off a 52 Reo and had brass data plates.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My data plates are the "current" AL ones with black lettering. It says it was manufactured by TMC.. Is that a military rebuild shop somewhere??

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Isn't TMC that company in Wolverhamton England that makes or rebuilds the Spicer deuce tranny?