• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Any Way to Rejuvenate Faded Paint?

zout

Its still sitting on my desk here in front of me as I have a physical issue I am dealing with for right now - but it will get done and I know it will work - otherwise I would have not spent nearly $300 on it.

The reason why - its no different than treating a BC/CC paint job at this point in the juncture (base coat/clear coat for those who are learning).

A base is shot in a "flat" stage - the clear is what makes it shine and protects with UV and other cool chemicals.
Single Stage - has all of this rolled up in one and unless you shoot a metallic or a pearl job with SS paint (hey that almost rhymes with SteeLSoldiers huh) you can cut it and buff it a couple days after shooting it to make it really shine.

SOOOO - long story short - treating the 43 likes its a base coat flat paint which it is anyhow - going to sand it down with 1500 & 2000 as ya would with final cut and polish of a single stage and then wash it with soap and water - clean the surface really good - tape everything off and Klear it- wa la.