• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Any way to tell difference from 6.2 or 6.5 from a pic?

Victorkilo31

I'm still in process of getting my m998 from a dealer. He got a new one in that's same build but cleaner and I'm looking at the engine pics. Something is telling me it may not be a 6.2. It's got the larger alternator with the dual volt regulator on it, the belts don't look right to my eyes. Seems like there's 3 on this one, 2 on the other. I maybe over thinking it but this new possibility has me thinking 6.5 for some reason. Any suggestions or comments on what to look for?
Thanks

Victorkilo31

I guess my search skills aren't up to standards yet. I'm trying to find some other information out about something else and I think my brains shutting down on me. Slow nights at work. Gotta love it

Victorkilo31

After a bit of rest and some wake up juice I narrowed down my answer. Sorry for the irresponsible searching and posting. It seems to appear my M998 is gonna have a 6.5.
This post helped a lot: https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?164615-6-2-or-6-5-engine
Now gotta wait and see what transmission it has. Not gonna judge from a picture on that one, but shift lever doesn't seem to match up well with shift indicator in a couple pics. Just excited to get my truck and all. Thanks

Victorkilo31

Nope it doesn't but was showing a friend the pics and he said the shift lever doesn't seem to match up with the indicator. Not sure if it's bad pics or the trucks parked in reverse. He worked on military trucks as a contractor and he wouldn't be surprised if depot missed a new indicator.
I'm just impatient to get the truck and looking to hard at the pics of it I think lol I need to get shipping figured out and relax with the rest. Once it's here I can start digging through it

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If its a A0 / A1 truck without park position...its a 3L80 [ 400 turbo trans ].
If its a M11xx or A2 truck...its a 4L80 E.

Victorkilo31

Yeah assuming everything's done correctly lol talking with my friend about it a bit and some of the horror stories about vehicles that have made it back from depot make you wonder why they have a depot sometimes lol either way once I narrow down shipping some more I'll have it soon enough to find out. The motor one was my biggest question since it didn't look like a 6.2 to me from the under the hood pictures I received

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks