• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anybody disassembled the fan clutch?

SausageGuy

I am trying to figure out how fan clutch comes apart because I have a couple of the 6 allen head screws holding it to pulley spacer20190831_185040.jpg20190831_182137.jpg20190831_185050.jpg that are stripped out. I removed the 6 small screws on the backside holding the crescent shaped washers on. No help but can tell unit is multiple pieces but don't know how to separate it. If I can get front half off I can just torch and put vise grips on outside of bolts. Any info would be great. The fan clutch works perfect so would prefer not to damage it.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh now that is a problem. I would see if I could hammer in the next larger metric allen wrench.

SausageGuy

OK got it but just heads up. This thing has a big spring in it like an auto valve spring. While hammering a torx bit into one of the stripped bolts it let loose and slammed into radiator since I still had the retainer crescent washers off. Left a divot but doesn't seem to have caused a leak. That got the front half off and I was able to use a gator grip socket to get the bolts off after cutting a slot with cutting wheel.20190901_184232.jpg20190901_184207.jpg