• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anybody ever change a emergency brake cable?

67383wagon

Having trouble getting to the clamp assembly directly under the cab floor. Any tricks or secrets to getting to this? I can't see and can only reach part of it. Hopefully somebody has been thru this before.
Thanks in advance

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yup, done it a few times. Not that difficult. Wedge yourself up between the rear driveshaft and the back of the t-case on the passenger side. Comes right out!

Flyingvan911

Remove the four bolts and nuts that hold the handbrake assembly to the floor. Under the cab that whole bracket will come off and it makes it much easier to remove the clamp. It just takes a few extra minutes.

wb9btz

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Remove the four bolts and nuts that hold the handbrake assembly to the floor. Under the cab that whole bracket will come off and it makes it much easier to remove the clamp. It just takes a few extra minutes.
Flyingvan911 is right... I has having a h**l of a time with this until I decided to remove the 4 handbrake bolts. That makes it a lot easier. I left the handbrake handle in place along with the 4 bolts. The bracket drops straight down when the nuts are removed.;-)

Jesse6325

Ditto what Flyinvan said, Took me abut an hour to replace the cable and both parking brake springs.
If I remember correctly I think the TM says to unbolt the handle as well.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks