• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anybody ever painted a VIC-1 system?

JCKnife

I'm in the (very long) process of getting my deuce back to 24087 color and of course the VIC-1 system is CARC in modern 3-color camo green color. I'd like to paint it 24087 also.

Looks like the important labels are etched / stamped / recessed in whatever way so if I just tape over the connectors and tags, spray, then fill in the recesses with white crayon, should be good, right?

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd probably go with white touch up paint or some white enamel and a very small brush instead of the white crayon.

JCKnife

I've never been good with a fine brush and I figured I would screw up the lettering. I tried a toothpick dipped in white paint but it was very frustrating. It would either pick up too much or too little paint. Finally tried a paint marker (.7mm found at Jo-Ann Fabrics) and it has been the best solution. Trick is don't press too hard, don't try to fit the tip down inside the letters, but light touch and ride the outer edge, pressing down as needed to release more paint. Turned out pretty good I think.

Pen: http://www.joann.com/sakura-7mm-pen-touch-medium-point-marker-white/2052637.html

Pics:

10172862_10201917699047958_1525705306190069991_n.jpg

photo2.jpg

Jeepsinker

Cool. So what did you use to paint all of it? Rattle cans? It looks a little too nice for rattle cans on average, but I've done some real good work with rattle cans so... Like I said earlier though, I use duracote and an air brush to paint things like this now.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks