• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anybody had an Hmmwv or Hummer H1 hauled in a traditional 8 to 10 car trailer?

kfrosty

Had a broker tell me they wouldn't fit but kind of find that odd since all the quote sites allow you to enter a Hummer.

If you have had it done, who did you use? I'd rather find a good carrier instead of going through a broker.

Thanks.

Dock Rocker

The trailer mist be a minimum of 85 inches wide just to get the truck into it. A traditional car hauler type trailer is 81 inches between the fenders.

I am making my fenders removable so that I can put my HMMWV on it. It will not even come close at 81 inches.

Sent from my SM-N920R7 using Tapatalk

kfrosty

I assume you're talking about the fender wells over the tires?

So what about the top, providing the rails on the side of the trailer are 85" wide?

DanM7890

My car trailer is 81.5" wide between the fenders and my M998 measures 84" tire to tire. It fits snug on my trailer but with a commercial car hauler it's prob more about saving the equipment because the tires will rub. I don't see a prob if the car goes on the top portion and not below.

kfrosty

Thanks Derrick112,

I don't see why one wouldn't fit on the top like in the picture of the trailer you sent. Fender wells shouldn't have anything to do with that. I have my own 16' trailer and hauls it fine. Trying to see if the brokers are trying to get me, don't know or I'll just have to head to Wisc myself.

Ang2gna

My hmmwv was shipped on a trailer just like the picture in the spot that has the red car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I assisted/observed a load out from AAA Towing for a member here. It was loaded onto the slot closest to the cab, on the top, of a standard car hauler. It was a bit older than the model pictured, but not a dedicated car-hauler truck/trailer combo.

As mentioned above, Bikeman helped me get mine loaded at AAA since I'm out of state.
I'll try to find the paperwork to remember who shipped it for me.

Here's how it was loaded. Driver said he had no issues.

20150915_0937181_zps2eas7d0h.jpg

TucsonVTXF

just seen a H1 on the top right behind the sleeper on a 8-10 car hauler on I-10 outside of Tucson. did not get the name of the company

kfrosty

Thanks everyone, just had a friend with a truck in the area pick them up on an RGN. Would be nice if anybody gets a car hauler to move one to post info here. Those brokers with the main places, I think they play a lot of games and if you aren't careful I think you could end up without your deposit.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks