• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anybody have a M1078 I can test drive in Phoenix area ?

1951M1078

Was thinking before I start biding on a truck I should go drive one. So is their anybody in the Phoenix area ? I will buy some diesel for the ride.

Randy

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd love to help you out but you'd have to come down to San Antonio for a visit. How about going to Sea World for Christmas?

1951M1078

Found a Club member here in Phoenix that has offered to take it for a spin. Anything I should know before driving ? I'm sure Allan will give me the run down but was thinking any input is good.
Randy

Ue413

The cab-over engine design is a bit different dynamic. You effectively sit over the front driver tire. I always have a "tippy" sensation as a result. Visibility is awesome. You will like it!

DiverDarrell

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Visibility is awesome is an understatement. Except behind you. Turning is interesting as you wait a little longer. The truck is shorter than my crew cab long bed dodge, so it fits in parking spots, barely. So much fun and easy to drive.

coachgeo

Visibility is awesome is an understatement. Except behind you. Turning is interesting as you wait a little longer. ....
For those that have never driven a cab forward vehicle the driving straight deeper into a turn/corner before steering into it is the biggest adjustment. That and the timing of the acceleration takes a bit of getting used to.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Be careful around Allen. Before you know it he'll have you converting the 1078 to a HEMTT cab with an Airstream trailer for the bed :)

TNriverjet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's likely you've driven something with air brakes, but that dynamic can be a surprise too. I feel the LMTV has one of the more responsive systems I've driven. If you plan ahead a bit the myriad of gears will slow you down nicely. The truck can really be a comfortable ride, albeit without stock cup holders...[thumbzup]

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks