• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anybody have a Towbar

danny81

I was wondering If anyone around South east Missouri had a tow bar they would loan or rent out for a day? I found another M35A2 that has some unknown brake issues and figured towing would be the easiest and safest way to transport.
I really need to put a towbar on the top of the list of things I need to get!!

91W350

When are you going to do this act? I will be at the Lake of the Ozarks Tuesday. Glen

Never mind, we would still be 246 miles apart, sorry, Glen

Last edited:

91W350

If I was driving my deuce down, I probably would come on over and help you, I enjoy that stuff! There are some geocaches in your area I need to go find. Sure would make for a nice photo thread. It is beautiful down there. Glen

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not sure how far you need to go, but you can make up and emergency tow bar, for a short pull. Take a length of 2" pipe and thread a piece of good chain through it. Tie the end to the pintle and the other to one of the shackles. You will need the second driver, but the towed vehicle can't slam into the leader.

danny81

It's only gonna be a 50 mile recovery, But those fifty miles are narrow state highways that put some roller coasters to shame!! And a few spots with deep Hollers just waiting to eat up an old 14000 lb truck if something were to go wrong. Thinking I'll just go ahead and diagnose and fix the brake issue before I move it. I'm sure it'd be easier on my nerves that way

Thanks for the info, I'll remember that in case I break down close to home

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks