• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

ANYBODY HAVE THE SAME EXP. WITH INSPECTIONS?

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Inspectors Can be Jerks

In Maryland the (over 25 years old) vehicle can be registered as an Historic and no inspection is required. I have mine that way two years $50.00 fee for tags. My insurance is pretty cheap too since it sits mostly in the driveway. I did have an inspector jerk tell me once when I was gettig an old suburban inspected that it needed control arm bushings and the thing had a strait axle and leaf springs. I told him to go f himself and got a real mechanic to agree with me that the work I did on it was on par with the manufacturer.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Just one more reason not to live in a communist state. :lol:

SWEET HOME ALABAMA!!! :D

No vehicle inspections, I never bought a building permit in my life, no inspectors to pay off and I never paid a union member a dime if I didn't want to. 8)

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had a hard time getting my humvee inspected until I met a guy who owns a gas station in my town, who was an 82nd Airborne WWII vet, who happened to be incharge of putting togther the towns Memorial Day parade. It was right before Memorial day, He says "would you be interested in driving in the parade?" I say "I'd love to, but without an inspection I cant drive it at all" We quickly came to terms, and I had the inspection sticker not a moment later. Had fun at the parade also! :)

cten

I'm in MA and registered in MA as commercial... The DOT does not care about the truck unless it is hauling for money. You can own a private commercially lic vehicle in the state and you are not hindered by the DOT or MA state laws as long as you are not hauling for money. I have made many phone calls to the DOT and State Truck enforcement agency in regards to all of these questions... The only reason why they want the vehicle registered comm is that is has more than 5 wheels hitting the ground and the weight...

Some inspection stations even try to do an emissions test and as long as the truck is older than 1985 your not obligated to. It is really a pain on who you get and when you get them. DOT is for true commercial trucks and commercial trucks only.

But then again, ticket them all and let the judge figure it out.

If you want to haul for money that opens up a whole new world.

serp

it seems that nj is finally good for something.if you register as historic (25 and older ) no inspection is needed. and you pay a one time registration fee of $41.00 or $91.00 for a personalized historic plate.

houdel

This seems to vary a lot from state to state. Here in Michigan, we do not have an annual or biannual inspection law. In order to get a title, I had to get a LEO to inspect the Deuce to make sure it had working headlamps, tail lights, turn signals, horn, e-brake and windshield wipers. Other than that, if a piece of equipment was not OEM when the vehicle was built, it was not required (such as windshield washers or marker lights). My truck is a 1970, I was able to get an authentic 1970 Michigan license plate and was able to register it for a lifetime (no annual renewals, no transfers) for $35.00! A standard historical plate is something like $25 for five years. I pay State Farm $170 per year for historical vehicle insurance (with restrictions, not a daily driver etc.). Commercial insurance through my regular carrier was $810 per year!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks