• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anybody here throw a bid at the SEE?

bdelaporte

SEE resale

I too was one of the guys who bid pretty low... wish I would have known how close I was on them. I would be interested in one when you are ready to resell them. Not interested in the implements just the Unimog vehicle for use as an off roading toy. I am an active duty Army guy stationed down here in Florida. Let us know when you have received them and are prepared to sell. them. Thanks

Bruce Delaporte
MAJ, INF
US Army

bruce.delaporte@us.army.mil

saddamsnightmare

March 18th, 2010.

I hear a lot of guys run down the SEE's, but I never have seen someone dig an artillery fighting position lately with the old D handled shovel..... They can do faster then 40 MPH, but with the weight of that rear backhoe, even folded, I would not push one over 40-42 MPH. Everyone seems to forget that the Unimog is a tractor for the road, not a truck.... In Europe one does not need a regular drivers license to drive one on the road, only a tractor license, like farmers use.
If you have the hydraulically operated attachments, you should be in very good shape, as to a working tractor. I do believe you can get them licensed as regular trucks, probably as a very heavy pickup truck. And if you do the PMIS the Unimog should very likely outlast its civillian owners.

Just my .02 worth, I own a S404.114 and it will each almost any other stock FWD's lunch, except for road speed, and I would not get rid of her for more then I paid for it.... I only wish I could afford a U1300L with the ultra high speed gears.:shock:

Cheers,

Kyle F. McGrogan[thumbzup]

duncan

In Europe one does not need a regular drivers license to drive one on the road, only a tractor license, like farmers use.
Goes for any vehicle you indicate as tractor. I could slap a tractor sign on the back of my truck (and get an insurance) and drive it around. However, since its a tractor youre limited to 30mph, and are not allowed to drive on most main routes. Also not allowed on highways and motorways.

There are a lot of mogs that dont see much road use so they only have a tractor registration. As soon as you reg it as a truck you need a truck license though. But then you're allowed on all roads like everyone else.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks