• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anybody in NC painting trucks?

PowerstrokeNC

Several years back I had John Winslow paint my M35A3, this was a short while before his untimely passing. Anyone else in NC painting vehicles that you know of?

Thanks.

PowerstrokeNC

Not to be a smart a-- , but why not paint it yourself --- Just asking
I am actually seriously contemplating that. (Coffey1) and I have been chatting. Really my main concern is getting the CARC pattern right/close. Don't want it to look like crap lol. Since I have brush strokes on it from its previous life how bad could it be I guess :driver:

infidel got me

Do it do it-- just 180 grit the brush marks out , power wash it, tape it and shoot.

I painted mine outside, on a sunny- low wind day. I must say it came out pretty good.

As far as the 3 pattern goes, take some pictures with your phone and print them off to use as refrence.

Your not taking your truck to barret Jackson, so if you do make a mistake it's an easy fix.

Swing by home depot and get your paint and get to it. You can save yourself a bunch of money, plus you can say Yeah I painted it.

So simple a caveman can do it. P.S. If Coffey is helping--- hide the paint--- he likes to drink it. If I still lived in Gray court I'd lend a hand.

Post pictures-- Good luck

WILL

Last edited:

fastsailor

we are setting up the paint booth to do my 1078 in tan if you needed a spot and help we can pull yours in as soon as ours are done.
we also have access to paint

michigandon

I've got and M880 that I wanna shoot with 34094 and an M38a1 that I wanna do in 34052.

Maybe we should all get together and have a paintin' party!

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Remember, it's a military truck. Don't be too fussy, half the paint jobs done in the military were done by privates with paint rollers in one hand and beers in the other. If it looks too nice, it won't be original.

Woodsplinter

Remember, it's a military truck. Don't be too fussy, half the paint jobs done in the military were done by privates with paint rollers in one hand and beers in the other. If it looks too nice, it won't be original.
Ditto! I used to fret about how the paint job looked, but actually nobody notices- it's just not that critical!

Jeepsinker

I could make a trip up there and paint it for you if you aren't comfortable doing it yourself, as long as you have a place to paint it and an air compressor. I can bring the paint. Real paint, not behr, and not CARC. Good ole PPG industrial paint. Holding up great on my truck and color matches very well.

I have to go up your direction to paint a few trucks for another fella anyway.

TB58

I have another truck that needs some paint. Not sure if I am too late for the painting party. Though I am going to be going against the grain and painting arctic white.