• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

anybody know a good shipping company...??

Newbie288

hey guys, new to this so bear with me. does anybody know a good shipping company to transport a 35a2 across the country to NY? just wondering if anybody has ever done it and a ballpark as to what it would cost, cuz i have no idea. thanks for any and all input guys

tcody

Surplus transport is by far the best. Eric knows what he is doing and is a fellow SS'er. It will cost you about $3/mile plus tolls etc.

Woodsplinter

Welcome! I think some of the members have been dealing with Uship.com.
(U-ship.com?)
I think you can expect to pay around $2 per mile. Hopefully somebody with more shipping experience will chime in soon.

WILDBOY6X6

Steel Soldiers Supporter
ship

:idea:HI I have used USHIP a lot,have a M34 in NH that needs to come to Hayward CA (by oakland), This could come here and your M35 could be a back haul for who ever moves mine.
This can sometimes mean a better price for both people because the trucker would have a deff load back to his area there.:D

steve

p/s where is yours n when do you need it moved by.

brianp454

Hey guys. I’m looking to transport a M35A2C with about 1000 lb of additional material in the bed (about 14,000 lb total). I have about 15 quotes. They are all over the place! I have them as low as 50 cents a mile to $3 a mile. Do any of the folks here have real experiences transporting these trucks and if so who was your carrier? What was your experience?

Rebar

Where are you transporting to and from? I tried using some of the guys in the forum, but they sometimes cannot get to the various GL locations across the country. I ended up using uship and had a great experience.

Rebar

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
$.50 a mile? you couldn't make anything driving it for that. Not if you have to buy fuel, maintain your truck, have insurance and tags, etc like the rest of us. That's insanely cheap, so cheap I would avoid it like the plague.

I've meet Eric with Surplus Transport and helped him load and ship some other SS members trucks and trailers, and he is definitly an A+++ guy with a great reputation from what others have said as well.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
$.50 a mile? you couldn't make anything driving it for that. Not if you have to buy fuel, maintain your truck, have insurance and tags, etc like the rest of us. That's insanely cheap, so cheap I would avoid it like the plague.

I've meet Eric with Surplus Transport and helped him load and ship some other SS members trucks and trailers, and he is definitly an A+++ guy with a great reputation from what others have said as well.
He hauled my 8x8 10t, got it loaded, did a great job, he hauled some of the mk48s out of Fl. that I helped to put together., again I understand from the owners that they were happy with the haul, does have the equipment and knowledge to do the job.

RodUSMC1962

Keep away from the 50 cent guy, sounds like problems and it will only get worse. My company paid me 40 cents a mile to drive my pick up and that was 3 years ago!Even at that I might have broken even.

WILDBOY6X6

Steel Soldiers Supporter
HI let me know if you find 1,I have an M34 in NH that needs to come to north CA,could be a back haul for who ever moves yours.
Most shippers like that cause they don't haft to come back empty,or spend time looking for a return load.

Steve

heavymetal land

If this helps any one i have used Anson trucking many times to move my m 923's from fort drum and Harrisburg pa , he is based out of Dunkirk NY ,and has beat the crap out of any online quote i have got ! I think he runs 300 to 400 miles from his home base ohio ,ny ,pa, etc. you can reach him at ansontruckinginc@yahoo..com or 716-366-7580 great guy that will do his best to help you ! Hope this can help someone pm me if you have any questions ! Joe

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks