• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anybody titled a HMMWV in Texas lately

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK moderators before you get your dander up I am not asking about anything illegal......
I would like to consult with anyone that has titled there Humvee in Texas lately, PM is also fine.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I received my sweet BLUE Texas title today in the mail, I want to thank all the members that helped me along the way.
Yes that was sarcasm, not a single butt hole out there chimed in..............

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Since EUCs were basically on hold since Feb I'm not surprised no one replied. SF-97s are still backlogged on top of that. Texas is FMV friendly and sounds like you didn't have much trouble so count it as a win.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
On the HMMWV in TEXAS it makes a big deference if the GVWR is over 10K, under 10K even with the "off road only" stamp license plates are unrestricted.
Over 10K looks like a problem, so advise stay away from the "Heavy Variant"
Here is the pertinent part of the law..

""DETAILS
HB 1755 adds Transportation Code, Section 502.141, which makes certain former military
vehicles with ownership evidence that indicates off-highway use eligible for passenger or truck
registration. Effective September 1, 2019, a High Mobility Multipurpose Wheeled Vehicle
(HMMWV), commonly referred to as a HUMVEE, with a gross vehicle weight less than 10,000
lbs. and ownership evidence that indicates off-highway use is eligible for passenger or truck
registration.
Qualifying HMMWVs can receive any registration type the vehicle or owner qualifies for and all
applicable requirements for the registration type chosen will apply. HMMWVs with ownership
evidence that indicates off-highway use with a gross vehicle weight of 10,000 lbs. or more are
ineligible for regular registration and may only be issued Antique vehicle registration. A former
military vehicle with ownership evidence that indicates off-highway use, other than a qualifying
HMMWV, may only be issued Antique vehicle registration. HB 1755 does not impact the
registration of former military vehicles with ownership evidence that indicates off-highway use.""

The GVWR is clearly listed on the title documents provided by Richie Bros.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks