• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

anybody towed a m105a2 with a 1990 jeep cherokee loredo?

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would recommend selling your M105 in washington and buying a M101A2 or A3 when you get to oaklahoma.

Last edited:

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would recommend selling your M105 in washington and buying a M101A3 or A3 when you get to oaklahoma.

I second that or if you have to use a trailer to haul stuff in a move or similar then rent a U-Haul and do it safely.

RRDirtyHarry

well im looking into an m416 about 8 hours away. and a bit more pricy. but I really want the m416 and think im gonna have to make the trek. I don't wanna waste money on a uhaul, or something I wont keep

o1951

There is a lot you CAN do, but the question is SHOULD you. Everything will be fine, as long as there is not an emergency.

When you find out is the time that guy in the left lane realizes he is going to miss his exit and cuts you off, or the texter drifts into your space, etc. When you have to hit the brakes as hard as you can to avoid or minimize a collision at freeway speeds is when you find out about trailer push. Surge brakes are less than optimal if the trailer and towing vehicle do not stay in a straight line - say you must turn to avoid a vehicle, or brakes are not perfectly even. Once the trailer starts pushing the back of the towed vehicle at an angle, if you survive, you will know all about "pucker".

When I had to tow, I got a factory installed frame equalizing hitch with electric brakes. The factory installed a transducer on the brake pedal that sent current to the trailer brakes in proportion th how hard the pedal was pushed. I always set up so the trailer brakes came on harder than vehicle brakes. Trailer always PULLING. Never pushing. I could safely shift lanes or make minor corrections without the trailer pushing the back of the vehicle sideways. The frame equalizing hitch added safety in that loads tended to be transferred to all wheels, not just the rear.

KsM715

Glad to see you found something smaller. I was already to pipe up and say something along the safety lines like most others. Now once you get that 416, lift it and put some tires on it to match the Jeep and you'll have a nice set up that anyone out on the trail with you will be jealous of. [thumbzup]

RRDirtyHarry

yeah i did some research on axle over, so now I know how to do it. easy. I just swapped leafs on my xj lol.
Glad to see you found something smaller. I was already to pipe up and say something along the safety lines like most others. Now once you get that 416, lift it and put some tires on it to match the Jeep and you'll have a nice set up that anyone out on the trail with you will be jealous of. [thumbzup]