• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anybody try these plugs?

Midnight Rider

Well from the picture they look like they would fit. I just use the AC60's. I think once you factor in the extras, shipping and what not, you'll probably end up paying more for them.

I'm not sure what they mean by 12/24 volt though. You only need 12 volt glow plugs.

I also thought I had read some threads that said the 6.5 glow plugs wouldn't necessarily fit in the spot that a 6.2 glow plug goes in. I might be mistaken on that though.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Search "SS diesel supply"?

They are just relabeled Wellmans.

jvrotter

I really like this for for the vast amount of info. But in this case I'm getting an overload. I've been reading up on all the glow plug posts and it seems like there's two different camps on this issue. One side has the Wellmans as the best because their original issue and if 1 or 3 go back the others continue to work on the assigned voltage. Then you have the AC60's which won't are better but when you lose a few the remaining ones tend to swell from the excess voltage. And of course there's a bunch of people in both camps that swear by their choices. I probably will just leave the ones in my M1009 as it starts fine, but I'm going to have to replace the ones in my pickup soon, just got to figure out which set to get.

Lurchwolf

Those are Wellman 070. They suck. These things swell and break with reckless abandon, I suggest the AC Delco 60-G or similar. I think Bosch makes one as well that folks over at Dieselplace are using.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I really like this for for the vast amount of info. But in this case I'm getting an overload. I've been reading up on all the glow plug posts and it seems like there's two different camps on this issue. One side has the Wellmans as the best because their original issue and if 1 or 3 go back the others continue to work on the assigned voltage. Then you have the AC60's which won't are better but when you lose a few the remaining ones tend to swell from the excess voltage. And of course there's a bunch of people in both camps that swear by their choices. I probably will just leave the ones in my M1009 as it starts fine, but I'm going to have to replace the ones in my pickup soon, just got to figure out which set to get.

Did you read the 10 or so threads that come up with a search for SSDiesel supply?

I think you have mis interpreted 100's of posts.

I only recall one member saying his wellmans worked with only 3.(not normal)

If you understood the GP system , you would realize no brand will last, with a stock system and a bad GP.

Wellman quality in my opinion, is piss poor. (I have plenty of reasons to say that, and probably have in other threads).

Last edited:

Dave Kay

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well JV, there are those who's opinions differ on different subjects and I'd say run what ya' brung, for now. But we all hate to see somebody have to learn something the hard way, when it could have been avoided.:-(

Anyway, no matter! WHEN/IF time comes and you find your glow plugs won't come out of their little holes without some major breaking-force, I DO HAVE a tool that'll get the job done in no time and neat-like. Heck, you're just down the hill from me, so feel free to PM if the need arises.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks