• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anybody want to buy a KIA - like me!

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There were half a dozen of the KM45's sold in Augusta two years ago. So there's at least 6 in the states.

tm america

nice put me in line to be a kia owner.i am interested in seeing the steering column and power steering set up . it said they have tilt steering that would be a nice improvement . also what motor are they running it said 180hp diesel?..nice find guys .Oh and i like the grill - lights on the front looks more modern without the ugliness of an a3

saddamsnightmare

May 11th, 2010.

hendersonj:

Who imported them, and how did they get them by the EPA/NHTSA issues.....????? It would be a very cool truck to own, a Vietnam clone without the 40 year old ailment issues..... I still say we need to get KIA involved more in the states.... Thanks..:beer:

halftrack

I know one thing. The South Korean Army is obviously smarter than the US Army in the fact that they didn't adopt or try to copy that POS FMTV style of vehicles.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
May 11th, 2010.

hendersonj:

Who imported them, and how did they get them by the EPA/NHTSA issues.....????? It would be a very cool truck to own, a Vietnam clone without the 40 year old ailment issues..... I still say we need to get KIA involved more in the states.... Thanks..:beer:
Cummins Military Systems in Augusta, they were sold at their closing auction.

rwbrown72

I'm down for one. We should put an order book together and see what happens! Kia would like to see 20 or 30 of these. Shipping might get reasonable for 30-50 vehicles.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I sent them an email requesting more information. If they can understand english maybe they'll respond.
Good luck!!
I tried that about two years ago, also wanting to know more about how many of their parts would interchange with US-made parts. They responded promptly - in correct English... and probably thinking I was a potential buyer representing our government...:smile: - not much info but wanting to know my ID! So they got it and I never heard back from them...! :???:

G.

Jakob

With the prices the surplus trucks are going at, I'm sure there would be some sticker shock if Kia actually gave a retail price for their trucks.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good luck!!
I tried that about two years ago, also wanting to know more about how many of their parts would interchange with US-made parts. They responded promptly - in correct English... and probably thinking I was a potential buyer representing our government...:smile: - not much info but wanting to know my ID! So they got it and I never heard back from them...! :???:

G.
Sounds like they may only want to deal with governments.

I may try and find the contact info for their US headquarters and try them.

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think I have one of those KIA windshields on my truck. Got it from CTP (IPS). The markings on the locking handle looked a little interesting. I could not really tell the difference between the old and the new windshield though.
Integrated Parts Systems - Windshield
I would imagine that more parts are interchangeable.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
..........I could not really tell the difference between the old and the new windshield though.

Good for you if it worked well...
I say that those are cheap copies at best, for many reasons (...long list, not for this thread)!
(That if all repro WS currently available from US-vendors come from the same factory, of course!)

Hopefully other parts are made much better, for what they cost to the end-consumer!

G.