• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anybody win the M818 at Ft. Riley? WOW!!

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I saw that! Honestly, I'm not sure I'd take 10K for mine. Not sure what to think.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I quit watching at $6900. I'll take $10K for mine anytime......:grin:

91W350

They kicked me out of the saddle before I ever found something tall enough to get my foot in the stirrup. I looked at it pretty closely, obviously a depot rebuild. Everything looks new, even the decals on the engine accessories. The driver's seat had a new cover and the passenger's seat was probably original. The tires were all good... that is a chunk of change. Glen

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think $9,000 is what the Duramax/Allison upgrade costs in a little pick up. In the big picture, that's not a lot of money for that much truck - IF you got it.

Of course for me 9,000ish would be better spent over at BFR's on a deuce. :)

Gawd I hope he sells it before the tax check ges here.

91W350

A winch would help a little, knowing that there was nothing wrong with it would help a little. The only thing I saw was a dented cowl because the door stopper was gone and the mirror bracket dented the cowl. It had juice, but I did not fire it up. I hope it is as appears and does not need an engine, transmission etc... I would be a lot more likely to pay up for a truck I at least knew ran and stopped without other issues. There has been a fleet of these things sold for a quarter of that price and there are still a lot around. Maybe I will score one yet. Glen

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Was that the last one in the country?
Yes.

:drool:

I'm not saying they can't be had much cheaper, but I wouldn't say it isn't worth it either. There are people who need a truck to do something, buy the first one that meets their needs and don't know about resources like SS. It's possible the buyer previewed the truck, it met his needs and to some people that isn't a lot of money for that much truck.

Last edited:

91W350

I have an inside contact that has assured me there are a lot of nice trucks in the system still. They are rebuilding one now.... Seems odd that they are rebuilding a M818 when they have been dumping them and their replacements. It is like those six 105s I scored, they were all done in 2007 and never went anyplace. Glen

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have an inside contact that has assured me there are a lot of nice trucks in the system still. They are rebuilding one now.... Seems odd that they are rebuilding a M818 when they have been dumping them and their replacements. It is like those six 105s I scored, they were all done in 2007 and never went anyplace. Glen
The right hand usually doesn't know what the left hand is doing. Also, reworking unwanted gear keeps people employed and keeps congressmen elected. Not a very good use of our tax dollars, but it happens. Often on a much bigger scale than trucks and trailers.

pmramsey

I paid $5100 each for my two M818 rebuilds with less than 50hours and a 1000 miles on each out of Wright Paterson last June. I've put almost 2000 miles on one and 800 on the other and they are perfect in everyway. I miean not so much as even a dabble of surface rust. I replaced a bent mud flap, a stack that was lost, and two mirrors. Can't see spending $10,000 for one well used one. I would bet money that it becomes a default and we see it again.

cmayer85

I paid $4100 for a 2007 rebuilt m818 w/w out of eastover last aug. it had 500 miles and 30 hrs! Not a thing wrong with it at all! I also bought a wo/w truck from the same place a month later for $2500. cant see spending $9000 from gl but thats just me

pmramsey

There were a bunch of really fine trucks at excellent prices coming out of Eastover last Spring and Summer but everyone has discovered the location and the prices have changed significantly. The trucks for the most part still appear in good order. Someone snaged a cherry M1078, with 1584 miles and less than 75 hours out of there several weeks ago . It sold for $28,000 and change. I previewed it. I threw $25,010 at it on Wednesday and did not look at it again all day Thursday knowing I might get sucked into more. It was at $14,000 when I made my last bid. The last one on the market was at Ft Bragg several years ago and it went for over $70,000.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't think I would take 20k for mine, but that's just me. After haspin, and all the hauling I've been doing, it's worth it to me. I love it... maybe at an unhealthy level? :driver:

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't think I would take 20k for mine, but that's just me. After haspin, and all the hauling I've been doing, it's worth it to me. I love it... maybe at an unhealthy level? :driver:
Better keep that one. After seeing it at Haspin, I'm thinking God made it.