• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone able to title a MV from the SF97 that is older than 1985 in Georgia?

dan2002dd

I took the SF97 to the tax commissioner in my county to get the title for a 1977 M36A. In GA anything 1985 and older doesn't require a tag, so their system was not allowing her to complete the title request. Has anyone on here been able to get a title from a SF97 that is older than 1985 in Georgia?

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
No. Simply won’t happen, I fought a battle years ago and lost. File the sf97 in your records at your house, and simply go register the rig with a bill of sale filled out correctly, it’ll be issued a non-title registration

Edit for clarification: anything older than 1985 in georgia does not require a title for registration, HOWEVER if you purchase a vehicle older than 1985 with a current title in hand and wish to keep it as a “titled” vehicle or update it as a “bill of sale” category vehicle you can at the time of registration in our state, you CANNOT change a “bill of sale” category registration into a “title” category registration in our state. No exceptions. The only work around is to do something like a Vermont Title, but completely unnecessary for our state

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dan2002dd

Thanks for the info. The title helps when selling out of state, I had someone, previously, from SC coming to look at an 1985 truck with no title and when he looked into it for his state, he just cancelled.

If I go register it, they will still want me to pay some kind of fee.

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
Thanks for the info. The title helps when selling out of state, I had someone, previously, from SC coming to look at an 1985 truck with no title and when he looked into it for his state, he just cancelled.

If I go register it, they will still want me to pay some kind of fee.
I went through this selling a non-title 83 gmc to a guy in NC, it was a nightmare. If you think it’ll greatly increase value, do a Vermont title (you don’t have to live there as long as they haven’t closed this loop hole) register it, recurve title in the mail, then go to your local DMV to re-register in georgia since some states won’t accept a Vermont title, get a good GA title and it’s good to go. Done deal that’ll cost you <$500

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks