• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone bid on "sealed bid" auctions?

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I placed a bid on a sealed bid auction this week and was wondering when they award this type of auction. I figured it would be the same deal as normal auctions, but now I am second guessing. Anyone bid on these before?

T.I.A.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have bid before. They never tell you who the high bidder is.

never won one.

Last edited:

gimpyrobb

That GL site that is moving EVEN FARTHER away from customer service!

I would love to tell you guys about how much WORSE they are getting, but I'm sure you will find out soon enough. All the site numbers are now routed directly to the Az office, what a cluster F***********!

gimpyrobb

Well, I just looked at some of the "normal" auctions I had up, WOW. Looks like I won't be winning much anytime soon...

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
FWIW with GSA. You submit your sealed bid. On the date listed in the sale, they will unseal the bids. If you are a winner, they would notify you the next day. Granted, I've not done one since circa 94 and I'm sure it's all changed. My winning bids in 1994 was $537 for an M54A2C, $50 for a non turbo M35A2 and $11 for a 70s GMC day cab tandem tractor with 6-71 in it. Won all 3. Sold the tractor where is sat. That paid for the other trucks and the tow when the 5 ton caught fire on the way home. I tracked down the FD that had the 5 ton. Tbey parked it because something broke but they didn't remember. I found out in short order once running. Driving a 5 ton with broken PS sucks.

R Racing

That GL site that is moving EVEN FARTHER away from customer service!

I would love to tell you guys about how much WORSE they are getting, but I'm sure you will find out soon enough. All the site numbers are now routed directly to the Az office, what a cluster F***********!
I don't understand why they have done this. If it weren't for me having some old numbers it would be horrible scheduling things !

gimpyrobb

It is horrible period. I called to add a loadout to an existing scheduled loadout. They gave me "new" contact numbers that were more wrong than right! One was even to Ok when I needed a number in Ohio. When I questioned them on the area code, he said "thats the number".

Then when I was on-site I was turned away for a preview. No, I didn't have an appointment, but I didn't need them in the past.

I guess we are getting even closer to cattle.

3dAngus

At some point, we may want to collectivly write up our grievances, in adult manner, and I might submit another letter to the government procurement contracting officer for her review. They would take those grievences, if properly written, and use them to renegotiate the contract options, or, a new contract, whichever is in the best interest to the government.
If anyone has any grievence they think is repeatible and offers a lesser service than prior, consider writing down the specifics before you forget and we can address this at another time, meaning, when more concerns are brought in.
In the meantime, carry on...

Artisan

It is a "Who dun it" deal in the end. You could have been high bidder
and they can simply not accept any bids.

On another note;

All bad things WILL come to those who screw people. Of this I am SURE.

Artisan

At some point, we may want to collectivly write up our grievances, in adult manner, and I might submit another letter to the government procurement contracting officer for her review. They would take those grievences, if properly written, and use them to renegotiate the contract options, or, a new contract, whichever is in the best interest to the government.
If anyone has any grievence they think is repeatible and offers a lesser service than prior, consider writing down the specifics before you forget and we can address this at another time, meaning, when more concerns are brought in.
In the meantime, carry on...

With ALL due respect, I disagree. "collectively' puts it all in one man's hands.
Grievences need to be BROADCAST so people take note!

EVERYONE needs to take there own avenue
and voice there own / your opinions across the board, and it is A-Ok
to complain to MANY different parts of government. Like
DLA Investigations but don't stop there...your representatives / senators
etc et all WILL lend an ear. You have to tell a LOT of people
about your suspicions and you have to tell them about how the
AUCTION laws of ARIZONA should be SQUASHED or amended.

Ahummm these ARE the droids you are looking for Luke!

IMHO

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks