• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone changed the fuel pump filter on NHC250?

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is the second filter not much on the magnet and some lint or crud. Looking through the screen there is some stuff. Would this screen be fine left alone and in place. Shure I guess but at the price of these filters and how easy mine was to check. No problem

Attachments

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Now back in 06 Supermechanic your telling people to dump unfiltered fuel in to the screen area to prime pump. This to me would seem like a real no no and good way to get something in there. Rember these words you posted?
Since when does a cummins need a tank pump?
On the top of the injector pump you will find a cap with a large screwdriver slot.
Under this cap is a screen filter.
Make shure the screen isn't filled with gunk.
CLEAN fuel can be introduced through this cap in an effort to reprime pump.

Operator Induced Error. Is that like when you destroyed your winch and PTO buy it somehow getting ingaged without you knowing?

Last edited:

supermechanic

If you will notice, I stressed the word clean. How you get unfiltered from this is a mystery.
I freely admit to destroying my pto, at that time I was new to the truck, and still learning.
I had an other mechanic with me as we gave the truck a check ride after we change out the T-case, both of us missed the fact that the actuating levers for the pto needed to be adjusted afterwards, hence, the trouble.
At that time we were both new to T-case replacement, we learned.
It is my wish that others not destroy their equipment.
I am a fleet manager for a large excavating and trucking concern, I have seen too many otherwise useful items destroyed my meaningful, but uninformed people.
I am flattered that you took the time to read my posts, hope you found something useful.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
supermechanic; hope you found something useful.[/QUOTE said:
Well yea you forgot to read the TM's on the front winch or knew what you were doing. The engagement lever on the winch that should have been left in the disengage position and safety latch closed. The PTO still could have run but the winch would not have turned or you screwed up big time.
If this had been done then you would not have had any repairs. Good thing no one was hurt.

Last edited:

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK thought I would do another one so this is #3. Came off with no problem or sticking. Had a little lint and magnet not much also some small stuff caught in screen. I understand these can be cleaned but I rather just replace. My luck I would dislodge something and it does make it through to the rail. I did put a little 3&1 oil on the threads this time and no problem going down. My point about the TM was someone thought if there was a performance problem the this screen could be cleaned /replaced while on the motor not that it needs to be changed every 1000 gal. My point about changing them is they could be 40 years old and never checked also the mechanics who did change the canister filter might just be a grease monkey and not care about right and clean. I don't even think the TM's or Cummins manual ever figured these machines would still be around 40 years and some dang fool falling in love with them. As I said just clean well around it before, remove carefully as the spring could stick to the cap then fall off when you don't want it to. Clean area carefully before install, light lube on the threads on install just not on the O ring and if you have the correct grease for the oring I don't see it as a problem.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks