• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone do Parades?

IRWFO

I just spent the morning cleaning up the old girl for a St. Pat's parade. 3 or 4 of us are going to meet up at the staging area. If all goes as planed I should be carrying 3 retired Marines that can't march the distance anymore. I had a good time with the old guys last time and I'm sure I will again. I'll get some parade pictures up when I get back. :-D

Attachments

wiggall

My wife, and I do. We put our BEAUTIFUL BEAST aka ( 1968 Kaiser-Jeep M35A2 W/W in a parade two days after getting her home last year! We even got a BLUE RIBBON in one parade!

IRWFO

Yes, about 80% of our Club functions are parades, just had one yesterday. Check out this thread:
WOW, that was some parade you guys had. What a great collecion of MV's.

Ours was nice with probably over 1K of people. All together there were 6 MV's in this one. I brought 2 retired Marines with me. One a Korean War vet and a WW2 vet. Both nice guys. The WW2 vet told me about the military Jeeps that were for sale after the war. They went for around $350 which was a lot back then.

Here are a few photos from today.

Attachments

HeadWizard

We do the Fairfax, VA Independence day parade every year. Yes, I know, incorrect display of the flag. Won 3rd place out of 200 entries last year. Am going to add the 5 ton to the display this year after it's singled out on 53's and repainted.

The bobbed truck is on 53's and towing an M105.

The tow tug is an NMC Wollard with a Chrysler slant 6 and a 727 auto transmission. I have 2 more of them that are for sale. It had a complete "frame off" restoration.

The M35A2 w/w is a 1966 that came from VMI (Virginia Military Institute) and is for sale.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks