• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone doing any Memorial Day parade rides?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I’m doing one in blairsville, Georgia with the Vietnam vets. If anyones in the area, come say what’s up. I got some ice cold coors lights
I'll be in the same parade on the 28th. Driving my M1009 wearing VFW decals. My son will be driving his M49A2C and M105 representing his employer, Prentice Heating and Air.

Bobweb

I'll be in the same parade on the 28th. Driving my M1009 wearing VFW decals. My son will be driving his M49A2C and M105 representing his employer, Prentice Heating and Air.
Good stuff! I’ll be getting to the staging area around 8am. The vets won’t be there to decorate the deuce till around 9 so if you guys see me, come say hello. I’ll be on the lookout

Bobweb

Well, the Blairsville parade was probably the biggest yet. Robert, it was nice to meet you. Steelsoldiers was represented by Bobweb, myself and recovry4x4jr. All went quite well. I took zero pics but I know others did so I'll have to get them.
Nice to meet you as well ken. I have a few pics I can post but didn’t take as many as I would have wanted. Here is one I had of my dad and some of the vietnam vets

Attachments

ToddJK

Had the memorial day parade. It was great. All the kids had a blast. Fist time Walker ever had that many MV's. While the parade was good, afterwards on the way home was not. Had a front right brake get stuck, my diesel line for the flame heater melted on the intake and I had a fire. That was scary AF! Thank God I had my fire extinguisher and plenty bottles of water, I got the fire out before my truck was engulfed in flames. Got it going again and the brake finally let go after playing with the brake pedal and going back and forth. Now I know why it's better to delete that flame heater than keeping it on, lol.

Attachments

Bobweb

Had the memorial day parade. It was great. All the kids had a blast. Fist time Walker ever had that many MV's. While the parade was good, afterwards on the way home was not. Had a front right brake get stuck, my diesel line for the flame heater melted on the intake and I had a fire. That was scary AF! Thank God I had my fire extinguisher and plenty bottles of water, I got the fire out before my truck was engulfed in flames. Got it going again and the brake finally let go after playing with the brake pedal and going back and forth. Now I know why it's better to delete that flame heater than keeping it on, lol.
Holy crap dude glad you are ok! My biggest fear with those trucks is losing breaks or having a blow out on the front.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks