• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone else have truck from an NCI JAG unit?

Since my M1010 had already been painted black by the PD I bought it from, all the original markings were covered long ago. The only markings left are on the passenger side dash below the glove box- NCI JAG. I'm familiar with what the unit is, but I was somewhat surprised they would have a need for an ambulance or other CUCV, other than maybe M1009s. So I'm curious if anyone else on here has a NCI JAG truck?

sandcobra164

from what I've seen with Navy trucks, they mostly stick to either green or tan for the entire truck and the USN number is painted in black. I'm too young to know how the CUCV's were painted but I'd bet that it was completly green with the USN number's in black. While the trucks are in storage, there are no unit markings so I can't be of help there. Sometimes we get a "rollback" truck and it will have SeeBee markings on it. All of the current Navy trucks that I have seen are tan MTVR's but the very few HMMWV's are solid green. I'm sure somebody smarter than me will guide you to the light.

quickfarms

NAVFAC P-300 is the manual that covers the marking of navy trucks. This manual is available on line.

The markings include "US NAVY" and the registration number on each door and the rear of the vehicle. "FOR OFFICIAL USE" is also on the doors in smaller lettering. The units were authorized to add there marking to the driver side front bumper and passenger side rear.

I have seen additional markings on the cowl side.

I have never seen a black navy truck.

I have seen them in green, either USMC semigloss or 383, and tan for tactical trucks. I have also seen some trucks that were camo but they tend to be inherited trucks. Base trucks used to be gray or yellow but they are now white.

If it is truly a navy truck the should be either a brass or foil data plate inside that would have the navy registration number on it.

The truck was originally camo, which I thought was kind of odd for a navy truck. It was given to the Clairton PA police department through the gov't allocation program, and then they painted it black. The paddy wagon would make sense, except it was still equipped with all of the ambulance kit in the back. The cots and mounting brackets were removed by the police department, but included with it still when I bought it.

quickfarms

The truck was originally camo, which I thought was kind of odd for a navy truck. It was given to the Clairton PA police department through the gov't allocation program, and then they painted it black. The paddy wagon would make sense, except it was still equipped with all of the ambulance kit in the back. The cots and mounting brackets were removed by the police department, but included with it still when I bought it.
It is ducky's meat wagon!

The camo would make spence because it was not ordered by the navy

Another Ahab

from what I've seen with Navy trucks, they mostly stick to either green or tan for the entire truck and the USN number is painted in black. I'm too young to know how the CUCV's were painted but I'd bet that it was completly green with the USN number's in black. While the trucks are in storage, there are no unit markings so I can't be of help there. Sometimes we get a "rollback" truck and it will have SeeBee markings on it. All of the current Navy trucks that I have seen are tan MTVR's but the very few HMMWV's are solid green. I'm sure somebody smarter than me will guide you to the light.
That's "Seabee" (CB=Construction Battalion); no big deal (and I mean really: not at all).

But it's plain impossible for me to look at that, and not speak up. Thanks!

Last edited:
It is ducky's meat wagon!

The camo would make spence because it was not ordered by the navy
Quickfarms, would that mean the truck was transferred to the Navy from another branch? Is this a common occurrence with stateside bases? I'm guessing it had never left our shores since it only had 11,200mls when I bought it from the Clairton PD. Btw, to you guys in PA, I'm really not sure how you all missed this truck when it was originally for sale. I found it listed on Pitts Craigslist for $2000, and only one person had even bothered to go look at it. I bought it 2-3 months after the ad had expired for $1600.

quickfarms

Yes

Since it is a standard truck it was probably ordered by the army and acquired by the navy at some point in its life.

Is there a foil of brass navy property data plate inside the cab?

I'll have to look honestly. I don't remember if it says Navy or not. Would the Navy have painted the truck OD when they received it? I see no traces of any Desert Tan or any other paint colors besides the box roof and top of the AC unit still being camo.

Another Ahab

Quickfarms, would that mean the truck was transferred to the Navy from another branch? Is this a common occurrence with stateside bases? I'm guessing it had never left our shores since it only had 11,200mls when I bought it from the Clairton PD. Btw, to you guys in PA, I'm really not sure how you all missed this truck when it was originally for sale. I found it listed on Pitts Craigslist for $2000, and only one person had even bothered to go look at it. I bought it 2-3 months after the ad had expired for $1600.
Nice score. Sometimes it's good to be late to the party.