• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone ever seen the 5 ton with a double side slide out box on the back?

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There's no such thing as a 900 series... i suspect you mean 939series...

M934 is the expansible van, fairly common. M944 is the batwing thingy, as scarce as blue whales in a goldfish bowl. ..

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I stand corrected.

I saw the (false) claims of "M35A3" and "caterpillar" and didn't look closely at the truck itself.
Definitly some "misleading information in the description" by Plan B Supply. They are a vendor on SS and goes by the screen name of
dangood

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's an M934A2. It has an 8.3 liter turbodiesel.

All of the M934s handle horrifically. Much less maneuverable than the cargo variants, and extremely slow.

Example - single digits while climbing hills with the M925 on towbars. The 8.3 liter turbodiesel will do hills a little better, but not much....

You want a camper thingy to pull a couple of hmmwvs on a trailer? Maybe an M932A2 with a 109 box on the back, or better yet one of the otr truck derivatives like an m916.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Also in the 809 series there is the 820, same box that is on the 934, there is the same box on the 39 series 5t but I forgot the number, it is a strange number that does not fin it the number series (m51, m52, m54, m55), sorta like the 276

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dukenukem, the nature of your questions leads me to think you have no firsthand experience with these trucks.

If you get to tucson in June, be sure to come over and we'll take my M925 for a drive and get you some seat time that you can use to form your own opinions...

I plead sleepy last night while posting. I'm in the middle of a drive between Tucson and OKC. I'm in the megalopolis of van horn tx..... next stop is lindsey97's in OK. .

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks