• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone Ever Ship Vehicles from Japan???

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Wondering what it would cost and difficulty to ship M4K forklift(s) AND/OR an M1101 trailer(s) AND/OR Unimog SEE? They don't sell via GovPlanet here. It's done a different, like everything here.....heck, they even drive on the wrong side of the road.

The M4K's and M1101's are new. The SEE's have seen some use and one stationed in Yokohama (near the ocean).

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have zero firsthand knowledge of how to do it, but I bought an imported Japanese Mitsubishi-Jeep from a guy in GA that routinely brings in vehicles from Japan. I’ll shoot you his contact info if it’ll help.

Guyfang

Staff member
Is there a US military community near you? There will be company's there who do nothing but ship vehicles back and forth. You can also go on line, to the Stars & Stripes newspaper. There are always lots of adds there for shipping.

I did it twice between Europe and the States. Wasn't hard, and not all that expensive. The only difference between Japan and Germany would be distance. Same, same. The first time, I forgot about insurance. So my wife and I spent the train ticket money on insurance. I love to hitchhike anyway. My Wife learned a new skill set.

And everything has to be CLEAN. If customs finds dirt, mud or anything that could hide insects, getting your stuff back is real hard.

Guyfang

Staff member
Buying and shipping classic US cars here to Germany is BIG Business. I know of several firms that buy up good 70's muscle cars and impot them here. One guy I know from my contracting time, only imports Mustangs. He has found a goldmine here, and is THE go to guy for mustangs. Didn't hurt that he found a wife with a rich papa.

Aussie Bloke

G'day everyone,....

The best option is as others have said is get a shipper to do it for you.

They will do everything, collect, clean, ship, handle customs etc,...

All you do is pay the bill and collect at your end.

When I shipped my Deuce from the US it spent about 3 weeks in Yokohama waiting for the connecting ship to Melbourne.

And again, not as expensive as you'd think.

Aussie.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks