• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

anyone ever swap out an injector pump on a Deuce

vlmuke

I am going to swap out the injector pump on my duece once I get a used pump how hard is it to do any tricks or tips that would be helpful would be appreciated
Thanks
Rich

gbooth

I just replaced the pump on mine It went well. If you remove the fender, grill guard, radiator and anything on that side of the engine it will give you more room to work. I know that you do not need to remove all of the stuff but having it out of the way made it a lot easier and less chance of damaging other components. When I installed the new-rebuilt pump I blocked off the compensator not by just looping the lines but putting plugs it the fittings I also plugged the supply outlet to the flame heater as well. My truck made over 2 gallons of oil in 120-200 miles. Have nor run it yet to see if the new pump fixed the problem as of yet but I have my fingers crossed.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Rich, not really tricky but a lot of work, specially if engine is installed.
As stated above, easier if radiator and left fender are also removed. Lifting front of engine also helps.

See step by step explanation for removing pump assy: TM 9-2815-210-34-2-1, pages 3-24 to 3-40.
Also for installation & correct timing: TM 9-2815-210-34-2-2, pages 5-169 to 5-186.

G.

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
no point in changing the whole pump. just change the ip head, it is the only part you need and very easy to change just observe the timing rules. if you had fuel in the oil it is most likely the compensator, just bypass it, nothing to take apart or change. there is also the possibility that fuel is leaking by the 'o' rings under the ip head, be sure to use new ones.

nattieleather

I did three pumps on my truck one summer because two of the replacements were bad. It is easier with all the things removed as said. Follow the manual!

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
it is also easy to take the ip head apart and examine it to judge its condition. i can look at one and tell you if it will work or not. it must not show signs of wear, it should be very shiny and smooth with no scratches. this takes some experiance, but in short if you pull the pump center piston out, hold it in your hand for 10 seconds and try to slide it back in, it should not go in because the heat of your hand caused it to increase in size.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks