• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone ever use these boots?

Big Mike's Motor Pool

Supporting Vendor
if infact these boots are made of silicone then that would make 3 different choices of solid boots on the market. the solids started out a few years back made of rubber. the rubber boots didnt last very long and would crak and leak. i think they were worse than the zippers myself. the answer to that problem was someone made a set of solid boots from neoprene. they work quite well. i have them on my mud truck and my other deuce. i have never tried the silicone boots though and i half wonder if they are infact advertised wrong and made of neoprene

tm america

mudlord do you have any other boot guards other than the factory ones .i think they are probably calling them the wrong thing to i think neaprene is the toughest rubber like product out there since it doesnt shrink in the weather like silicone products do. maybe vitron would be better in a high heat situation but i'm not sure how well it would hold up to the water or mud

Big Mike's Motor Pool

Supporting Vendor
mudlord do you have any other boot guards other than the factory ones .i think they are probably calling them the wrong thing to i think neaprene is the toughest rubber like product out there since it doesnt shrink in the weather like silicone products do. maybe vitron would be better in a high heat situation but i'm not sure how well it would hold up to the water or mud
i was running the stock boot gaurds on my deuces and my mud trucks, i think they work fairly well. if i was rock crawling i may do different gaurds though. the only time i destroyed a stock boot gaurd was when i was makin a trail, bulldozing with my beater deuce and got a tree stuck in the gaurd. alot of people i know dont even run the gaurds because they say the mud gets stuck in them and destroys the boots. mine are staying on. i think the problem with the rubber boots crackin was because of the constant movement back and forth stretching the rubber to the breaking point. the neoprene takes it much better.

tm america

maybe they should make some with velcro to put em on since they seem to be throw aways:roll:you are dammed if you do dammed if you dont when it comes to thing like boot guards maybe a thick rubber boot guard would be the way to go:?: it would keep stick from ripping them. but flex to let the muddout after you go through the thick goo:?:

JasonS

My new manufacture ODiron boots are deteriorating after less than one year. The vinyl boots were trashed well withing a year. The new old stock were even worse. Would REALLY like to see a better boot material/ design.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
JasonS, even though ODI's supplier won't warranty those boots, Mike will. He offers a yr warranty on them.

JasonS

JasonS, even though ODI's supplier won't warranty those boots, Mike will. He offers a yr warranty on them.
Understood. They aren't torn but they are showing signs of deterioration. They are better than the new vinyl or NOS rubber but I was dissappointed that they didn't hold up better. Can't understand why the suppliers don't use something better. I certainly can't justify using the one piece boots until a material is PROVEN in the field.

tm america

thanks jasons that is what we were looking for a real world comparison. and yes we should ask more of our parts suppliers.when someone makes one that is far superior to everyone elses the word will spread fast and they wont be able to keep them on the shelf.till then we'll just keep complaining about what we're stuck with now:cry:it's like would you rather have a broken leg or broken arm.but nothing broken isnt a choice:roll:

JTugwell

I had to do front axle seals last weekend. I figured while i was there I would change out the zipper boots that were on there. I got the silicon boots from teds trucks. From just the general feel they appear to be good quality. They were also a lot more flexible than the rubber ones i have installed on our rock crawler. I was able to get the bigger clamp on by myself. i know that may not seem like much, but to me that was a big triumph! :-D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks