• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone ever vinyl wrapped a MV?

FASTNOVA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That stuff is sticky, just think about a big bumper sticker. That would require a heat gun and a lot of time for removal and will bring the paint along with it. You might be able to get away with that on a car that has factory paint that has been baked on, but seeing that the majority of MV's have several coats of paint on them it''s likely that you will end up with patch's of paint missing.

Last edited:

3dAngus

I have a friend that had a ton of vinyl advertising on his pickup truck. I told him if he got anymore on there, it was going to lower his tires.

He removed some later. A professional vinyl advertishing shop that makes the decals put them on originally, took them off a year later. I could not detect a difference in the paint.

Recommend you contact a professional vinyl advertiser for autos and ask for details.

shack

plastidip. spray it on and peel it off when you're done with it. Probably much cheaper than vinyl, but not as cheap as duct tape and canvas

TMNT

Vinyl wrap is expensive. I priced it at about $3,000 for my FJ. That was for a digital camo wrap for the whole truck.

I would think wrap for a large MV would cost more than the MV!

smashcrashy

I ordered a test set of 60 " x 12" for 17 bucks, I dont think I'd need more than 10 rolls for the item in question, so the cost isn't that bad. I think the issue would be whether it lifted the matte paint when I removed it. Since the stuff is made to be put on a clear coated car I would think the rough surface of MV paint would form a stronger bond and potentially lift.

Plastidip is an interesting idea, I wonder how it would do in the heat of the desert for a few days.

This is for an airsoft event and basically the sides are green vs tan but my Ferret is tan and I need to be on the green side.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
What about a washable paint......I think they use something like that to "paint" vehicles for the movies. They spray it on and when the shooting is done it just pressure washes off. I think I remember reading an article about it once.