• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone experienced with a 10 ton XM971 Data trailer (pics)

70deuce

Anyone out there have any experience with an XM971 Data trailer? Its a 38 foot van trailer used for a moblie computer center. Has air bag 5 wheel and rear axle suspension. It has four 208 volt air conditioner/heaters mounted high up front. Picking this one up at Ft Carson next week. Timeframe on this trailer mid 80's. Going to get it with the M818 pictured. Should be a good looking combination.

Phil

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Whatcha want to know about it? Don't know if the TM is posted for it but I have it. Miltruck used to have one as did Tacticaltruck. It's got some way cool and useless for us, electrical filtering gear on it and a separate back room. Most have only a man door on the side and back. Does this one have the fold down porch on the back?

jwaller

I love the air bags on the 5th wheel. I'm wondering how well it tows in high winds. esp if you have a mil dual plane swivel 5th wheel.

Crash_AF

Umm, zombie thread, he posted it last year... LOL

He did bring it home, it does have the 'porch' on the back, and it does look cool in parades... LOL

Later,
Joe

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I have an older one than that without the airbags. I pulled it back from Eglin AFB in FL to NE AL with my multi-fuel 5 ton tractor.......it was a slooooooow trip.
I now have a deuce tractor as my prime mover.
I gutted it, replaced the floor, lined it with shelves, sealed all the seams and put a workbench in it. It is now my mobile storage room.
The air conditioners had been drained of freon (the old stuff) and they were FUBAR.
I scrapped them out.
I think as well insulated as they are a fairly small AC unit would keep it cool. The AC's/heater units were used to keep the electronic equipment cool or warm.
I am looking for another one to use as a camper for shows.
If you place two of them side by side you can screw pipes into the sides to make walkways (using 4x8 sheets of plywood).
Mine is made to where the landing gear and rear axle can be removed and it can become a semi-permanent structure.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks